Jason shows just how little he and Garfield the Cat have in common and Steve gets schooled in comic book trivia. Also, webcomics.
Whatcha’ Been Readin’:
- (5:30) Geeks: The Comic Strip by Carl Anderson
- (7:35) Trailer Park Warlock by Matthew J. Rainwater and Austin Price
Other things we like, and news (or news outlets, as the case may be; Gary, let us know if you’d like to form a partnership or something):
- (11:35) Fleen.com, the best source on the web for webcomics news
- (13:30) Untold Tales of Bigfoot by Vince Dorse (congrats on the National Cartoonist Society award, Vince!)
- (14:05) Muscles Diablo in Where Terror Lurks by Pat N. Lewis
Donkey Kong has received a lot of break music love lately, but why not give the Game Boy iterations a proper spotlight? “Banananaz” by Chiwalker (15:15) fits that bill nicely.
It’s good to take some time to catch up with great comics that have fallen off our radar, and reMIND by Jason Brubaker (19:35) is certainly a story worth experiencing. Multiple times. He creates a world that is both familiar and fantastical, bringing with it a sense of wonder and nostalgia. The story is scheduled to wrap up in October, so do yourself a favor, take an hour or so, and catch up with us.
Also, Steve thinks the hero’s body type is like that of Kilo Monster from Monster’s Garden (23:30). He’s not completely wrong.
For those interested in less comic-related topics, Jason finds yet another reason to hate Kid Rock, we wonder how many people AREN’T watching Strip Search, and yes, Steve stopped in the middle of a discussion about comics to relate a story about his son’s poop. Enjoy!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download