We check out news from Kendra Phillips and Nathan Stevenson before fearing the holes we might really be into, Marie Kondoing the heck out of our lives, showing stoicism in the face of abject weirdness, and drawing the most beautiful junk you’ve ever seen with Immaterial by Sarah Ellerton in this week’s ferret-led episode of Digital Strips!
Jason is back from kid-havin’ so we have a new episode! Noelle Stevenson is working on the She-Ra reboot for Netflix and considering her previous work, that has both Jason and Steve pumped. Steve also brought LOLNEIN before the court to judge. It’s a quirky comedy strip that makes the most out of everyday objects, sometimes to lewd, hilarious effect.
Welcome to our movie podcast! Jason’s intentions for a Happy Father’s Day turned to dust when he was rerouted to the retread that is Pitch Perfect 2. Meanwhile, Steve’s two-month stint with no wife or kids is starting to manifest in some … unhealthy ways. Help him out by listening to discussions about Superfogeys, podcasts, Table Titans, and a nearly forgotten news item that is a must-hear. Turn off your cell phones and then … just turn them back on. We know you didn’t actually turn them off. We’re not monsters.
- (5:30) Decrypting Rita by Egypt Urnash
- (7:45) Glam Rock Gorilla by Brett Von Doom (a.k.a. Hammer Smith), Kelsey “KG” Bigelow, Ser Tom the Blind, Astro Sarah, Maya Nord, and Summoner (GOD I hate webcomics sometimes)
The Midshow Break
What’s more gross: Steve’s kid wetting the bed or the dreams this bedwetting interrupted? Find out while enjoying the dulcet tones of our midshow music.
- (13:55) “Seppuku” by Brandon Strader
- (18:10) Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
Mentions/References/A List of Comics You Should Be Reading
- Danielle Corsetto (Girls With Slingshots)
- Scott Kurtz (PvP)
- Mike Krahulik (Penny Arcade)
- Jeph Jacques (Questionable Content)
- Zach Weiner (Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal)
- Rich Stevens (Diesel Sweeties)
- Rickard Jonasson (Two Guys and Guy)
- Paul Southworth (not currently working on a comic, but he recommends William Tallman’s Reptilis Rex)
- Bill Barnes (Not Invented Here)
- Yuko Ota and Ananth Panagariya (Johnny Wander)
- Katie Rice (Skadi)
- Josh Ulrich (Newman)
- David Malki ! (Wondermark)
- KC Green (Gun Show)
- Meredith Gran (Octopus Pie)
- Kate Beaton (Hark! A Vagrant)
All this, plus!
- Steve can’t help but work some Marvel cynicism into his intro
- We learn the true secret of the ninja
- Fat Peter Jackson
- We decide George Lucas might be an ok dude after all
- Our annual reminder that horizontally scrolling comics are the worst
- More enlightened thoughts on inkOUTBREAK (including comments from the man who runs it, Brian King)
- Jason is an abused spouse and is kind of ok with that