Easily my favorite image to come from a Google image search for “hero”
Whatcha Been Readin’
- (13:35) Eisner Award winners announced (we were pretty lukewarm on this list of nominees here)
- (15:25) Harvey Award nominees announced (now this is more like it)
- (23:40) Hark a Vagrant!
- (23:45) Faraday the Blob
- (23:55) Gun Show
- (24:10) Gunnerkrigg Court
- (29:30) Skadi
The Midshow Break (in honor of EVO 2013, Steve’s religious holiday)
- (18:15) “Bowser is a Champion” by bXmMusic (from Super Mario World)
- (23:00) Help Us Great Warrior by Madeleine Flores
- (30:15) Hero Oh Hero by Guido Bos
All this, plus!
- Adam West, Burt Ward, and Kevin Sorbo will attend the hell out of your comic convention
- For all random comments, just assume Jason is playing Animal Crossing
- Terrible roommate video game webcomics (or the sad future we were once faced with)
- Steve hates Comixology because he’s cheap
- If you’ve won before, give someone else a chance
- Next buttons on the left side of the page confuse us and will affect your review
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Hi, great episode. Do you guys think that the problem of sprite comics is the same as the roommate gamer comic? I mean, both of them, for the most part, rely on referential humor (“it’s funny because I know that game they are talking about!”).
It seems to me that is more a thing about low fruit than the actual media. I love pixel art and I would like to see more good webcomics using it. it would be great to see a webcomic by Paul Robertson (he made the art for the Scott Pilgrim game) or someone else with that level of skill.
I loved the art in that game, it was the main reason I checked it out (also, side-scrolling beat-em-up FTW). You’re right, it can be done well, and Hero Oh Hero is a good example of that, for the most part.
Kudos for picking my comic!
Enjoyed listening to that.
Glad you enjoyed it.
Keep up the great work.